Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Happy Birthday Jack Henry!

Happy 3rd birthday Jack!
We got to choose any cereal we wanted for our birthday when we were little and this year was the first year we let Jack do the same.  He chose Fruity Pebbles (He didn't like them)
After breakfast we headed to the doctors for his check up, he was embarrassed to walk to the scale in just his diaper, poor little guy!
He's waving at a little girl here, she was throwing a ball around that he desperately wanted.
Play-dough!  I adopted the attitude of anything goes with Jack for his birthday.  Anything he wanted to do, we did!
This was actually his first experience with Play-dough
Lookit my nose!
Next he wanted to watch a movie, he chose Monsters, Inc.
Say cheese mama!
Such an excited birthday boy!
We brought lunch to Dada at work, we chose Chick-fil-a, their fruit cups are always a hit
For dinner, we went to the Chinese buffet. I let Jack walk with me and he picked his own food, another first!  This was the one place we didn't mention that it was Jack's birthday, they start charging for kids when they turn 3.  Am I a horrible person?
Egg roll!
That's so silly!
Jack got a coupon for a free ice cream from Baskin Robbins, so we went there after dinner
Jack chose Lunar Cheesecake, I think he was attracted to the green color
He also got a coupon for a free gift at Toys R Us so we went there after ice cream.  He got to wear a crown & got a balloon!
We let Jack lead the way and he played off all that ice cream!
The pediatrician asked if we'd gotten Jack a helmet yet since he was riding a tricycle, so here he is picking one out
That one!
Jack & Dada were kicking and throwing and dunking balls all over the place, so we left with a little soccer ball that Jack can use in his hoop and kick around the house.  Best place to burn off energy.  :)
Jack Henry, 2nd birthday
2nd Birthday
Jack Henry, 1st birthday
1st birthday
Jack Henry, hours old

We went to the mall after Toys R Us with the intent to ride the He-haw, but it was closed.  :-(  Poor Jack, he was so excited when he saw where we were and we had to watch his mood come crashing down once he realized he couldn't ride his beloved He-haw.  We let him get a cookie and then we rode the escalator and walked through the Disney store, so he ended the evening happy.  On the way out he was intrigued by the photo booth so we all piled in and took a few pictures.  If I could figure out how to load them on here I would, we had a good day!  I wish I'd gotten more pictures but I kind of forgot cause it was late.
  I remember when I was little, the biggest part of my birthday was getting cards in the mail, I'm kinda sad for my sons growing up in this era of no snail mail.  I'm definitely going to start sending birthday cards out with more regularity, means so much that someone thought of you and took the time to get a card and mail it.  Do you like getting a birthday card?  Am I old fashioned?  Speaking of mail, Jack got a package today and he was so super excited when I handed the box to him!  Thanks Aunt Donna & Uncle Glenn!
  Oh, one more thing, you should go here and sign up for all the birthday freebies!  Hey! it's free! put an awesome list of birthday freebies together that is well worth taking the time to sign up for.  I've already gotten a few coupons for my birthday, so they definitely work!  Jack got a free kids meal at Ihop, a free cookie or cupcake at Barnes & Noble, a $3 off a $3 purchase at Toys R Us as well as the crown & balloon, free ice cream at Baskin Robbins and a free kids meal at Bob Evans.  He got a few other things but they were either money off or something free with purchase, we like all the way free around here!  Sign up a few months before your birthday to be sure to receive them in time though.  Anywho, Jack had a super birthday and is getting to be such a big boy, I just don't know what I'm gonna do!

1 comment:

  1. Awww what a wonderful day for your little guy!
    Happy Belated Birthday Jack!

    Biz

    ReplyDelete