Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Back in Virginia!

Our new home! It's rather old, the brick part in the back is the original home that did not have a bathroom or kitchen, gives you an idea of age. I can look out my window at night and not see any lights and the only sounds I hear are birds & cows.
The view to the right.
The view out front.
The view to the left.
The view towards the back.
Our driveway.
Neighbors, I see you, but I can't hear you!
Here cows! Carl and Jack love the cows, Carl calls them and pats his legs like he's calling a dog. 
Lovely barn on the field by the driveway.
I'd live there
Back up the driveway, a nice little walk to the mailbox.
Wildlife!
I never thought I would say this, but, I missed you thistle.

I'd live there too.
The rock foundation on the original part of the house.

Our BBQ area out back. If only it would stop raining so we could use it!

A little side deck, just needs a Mama sized chair and that nasty dish removed.
I think this might have been the kitchen originally. Our landlords live a bit behind it.

The garage. The past tenants threw their dogs poop in here and trash too. I want to plant it but I really don't want to clean up other people's crap. heh.
Jack had been wanting to go to "the flower shop" (Walmart) for a long time at the house in Memphis but we had nowhere to plant. So, instead of unpacking boxes we went and got some flowers! The daffy's were already there. I'm not procrastinating...

Jack's pumpkins


My bird tree. I have one feeder on it now, but once the boys & I get out this morning we're going to hang a couple more feeders. I see this when I wash dishes, it makes me not mind the dish washing, having this view and seeing all the beautiful birds. I've missed birds.
Hello there mister gold finch!

Do you mind?

That's all for now. I might put pictures of the house once we're all settled and unpacked, so, in a few months? 












1 comment: