Yesterday, we went on an adventure! I saw signs for a
Lavender Farm coming home on 81 the other day, looked it up online and saw that they had animals to pet along with the lavender, perfecto for the kids! A big storm came through, looked like it was going to split our tree in half, our hope for an outing was slipping. But, as often happens here in the valley, there were suddenly blue skies again! We loaded up and headed out, telling the boys only that we were going on an adventure.
 |
| In front of the parking spaces |
 |
| Closer... |
 |
| A little History for youse |
 |
| On the side of the main building |
 |
| Sorry for the misty look, I'd put my camera in my bag and the inner pocket had ice waters for the boys, so it got a bit cold and reacted to the heat outside. |
 |
| Maaaaaa! |
 |
| Lavender beds out front |
 |
| The bunnies are the only animals whose enclosure you can enter. Their largest rabbit is 24 pounds! |
 |
| Giving his friend a bath. I miss my bunny. :-( |
 |
| Goaties!!! |
 |
| Carl was telling this chicken to go back in the fence. |
 |
| Hello friend! |
 |
| Just their size! |
 |
| Jack came tearing around the corner with this chicken in hot pursuit! |
 |
| Checkers anyone? |
 |
| Carl really liked the ducks |
 |
| They weren't so sure about him though |
 |
| Duck pond |
 |
| He's an expert duck herder now! |
 |
| Carl didn't quite get the concept of not stepping over the stones... |
 |
| Bees! |
 |
| Alpaca! |
 |
| House around the perimeter of the farm |
 |
| Gobble gobble! |
 |
| After the farm, in the spirit of our adventure, we decided to just drive and see what we found. We ended up in Weyers Cave at the caverns. We didn't go in since the boys were hungry & tired, but we plan to go back before too long! We ended up eating at our new favorite Chinese place and then we stopped off at the playground near our house. |
 |
| The bottom of that twisty slide held a bunch of water. It was too late to stop once I saw it, Mama got a wet butt. Bleh. |
 |
| A little piece of rainbow awaited us when we got home |
 |
| Hello there Mr. Moon! |
 |
| May I play with my zoom with you please? |
 |
| Thanks ever so much! |
Where are you living now?? That's just over the ridge from us! Let's get together and play!
ReplyDeleteJanet
I've been feeling restless, like I want to go somewhere. Well, your blog today took me on an adventure along with you. The pictures are wonderful, and I hope to visit this farm someday - and take some pictures of ADRIENNE! js
ReplyDelete