| Not sure who this is. Do you know? |
| An overeating Thrush? |
| Sorry it's blurry, he was super fast! |
| I realize this is not a bird, but I wanted y'all to meet Loretta. |
| I think this was a Grackle, it was way more skittish than the finches of me behind the window. |
| Love the look! |
| What a pretty family! |
| Purple Finch? Where's the purple? |
| Again, not a bird, but we found this poor guy on our walk this morning. |
| Mourning Doves |
| It was super windy! |
| Thrasher? |
I'm thinking the first is a Crowned Sparrow. I always loved them. I always wondered about the Purple Finch too. Maybe its the House Finch. What I loved getting into was their songs. I'm glad the Goldfinches have found your feeders! Maybe you'll see an Indigo Bunting yet! These are great photos, especially taken through that double paned window and the kitchen window. I really like the Goldfinch with the seed in his mouth. Lucky you! getting a shot like that! :)
ReplyDeleteCheck this out. http://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/Brown_Thrasher/id
ReplyDeleteNot an over-eating thrush - she is just warming herself or drying her feather - both by puffing out her feathers. Yes, I always want to call the purple finch a rosy finch. These really are fabulous photos. So glad you are blogging again. We have really missed you. June
ReplyDelete