Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Boston and the nawth

 Jordan gave me a weekend trip to Boston for Christmas this year and we flew in on January 10th. Todd picked us up from the airport and we went into the city to visit Erica at her work and sight see a bit while waiting for her to get out. Annnnd, I forgot my camera that first day. :-( We saw the most of Boston that night too as well as the harbor and so much of the pretty city. Also got a really eye opening view of their rush hour city traffic! GAH! Ok, I found some pictures on my phone from that first evening in Boston and a couple from our trip up the coast. Anywho, here are the few pictures I took, it was quite cold and a bit rainy on one day, so I didn't take my camera out too much. Hope you can experience some of our trip though!

This photo was taken in 1915...

This photo was taken of the same spot in 2013. You can see the very tip of the steeple from that first picture, there on the right.
Further to the left...

If only I'd had my camera... I love how these look like they're made up of 3 different buildings.

I believe this was the Governors Mansion, it was quite far away, we were walking through a very pretty park at the time.

This is Todd, that is somewhat frozen water.
"It's not going to break!" (It didn't)

Todd chauffeured us up the coast in the rain and the fog on Saturday. Our first stop was Salem, MA where I had my first Butterbeer! (non-alcoholic) Tasted like fizzy butterscotch candies. For anyone who has read the Harry Potter books, you know exactly what it is. :-) I also got that awesome hat during our exploring of Boston on Friday night. Another fun fact, I was not at all on purpose wearing 4 shades of pink that day! Pink shirt, pink jacket, pink rain jacket, and a pink purse. ALL different shades that really didn't go together.
This is the store where I found the Butterbeer. They also had an amazing Harry Potter themed party room in the back. Totally want to go back for my birthday! Again, might ring a bell more for those Harry Potter fans. :-)
 
Salem graveyard





I like the willow.




Olde English






  
We started out Sunday with a marvelous brunch and then went into the city with the intent to visit an old market but we could not find parking ANYWHERE so after driving around looking for a spot, we decided to head on to Cambridge.

We did pass this beautiful carousel on our way out of town though. All local wildlife.

I wish it had been uncovered!

Carl would have been out of control excited!!!

Havahd
Students will rub his foot for good luck before a test. Tourists just rub it for general luck. :-) Look how shiny!






This is a church we passed on our walk back to the car, it was dark out but I guess there was just enough light for my camera to get a decent picture!



  

  That is all the pictures I took. After Salem on Saturday, we went up to Portland, ME. It was quite rainy and chilly, but we had a fun time walking around that pretty city. I do hope to make it up for another visit when the weather is a bit warmer. We had a ton of fun for sure!

2 comments: