Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Snooooow!

Just wanted to start this post with this picture, we have started homeschooling Jack (and Carl too since he refuses to be left out). It's actually a daily occurrence that they both look forward to. Jack is always excited to share what he's learned and he wanted me to share his A's!

We got so much snow, love it! I took this around lunch, it had been steadily snowing since about 6am.

The boys were so very excited when they got the sleds from Uncle Paul and Aunt Phyllis, that Uncle Josh and Aunt Susan had brought back up with them from their visit to North Carolina. They were even more excited when we got some snow soon after getting home with them!

Carl claimed the round sled, and even though he couldn't figure out how to sit on it to make it go fast, or to go at all really, he was still so very excited to play with it!




Long trek back up the hill

What a trooper. :-)

This is when we came out again after nap when Dada was done with work and able to join us. I had a nice picture of him working hard and shoveling snow, but the computer must have eaten it. :-(

Snow angel!

I forget how, but I got snow all over my camera, that's why it looks kinda foggy for the next few photos. Oh, and Jack's saying, "someone get this snow off my face!"



He looks so widdle! sniffsniff, hard to believe he's going to be 3 in just a few weeks!

They were a bit cold, but very unwilling to go in yet. So glad I went ahead and got those snow pants! I think I might need to look for some ski masks though...

Dada's turn!



Such glee!


Here comes Dada guys...

Dada? I want to ride with Dada!

Dada!!!

Hey! I want to ride with Dada too!

Come on Carl!

Wheee!

The sled ran down the hill without a rider!


Not sure why Carl's laying down, he just laid there watching them walk up though.

On the left is the track we made in the evening, on the right is the track from the morning. It just kept coming down!



This is how Dada gets his exercise. Running up a hill in ankle deep snow while carrying a thirty pound toddler, it's quite the workout!

Yes, I think ski masks are definitely needed. Even though I'm sure he couldn't feel his face, he still wasn't ready to go in!




Awww, my heart!


Striking a pose!


If you look very closely, you can see Carl putting his hands up like he's on a roller coaster.

See?

There ya go. :-)

Catching snowflakes


This is where we walked when we came out to sled. We were out there for about an hour.


   We had a ton of fun in the snow yesterday. Unfortunately, we had a very very cold wind chill today and were unable to go out. But, we're headed to the store tomorrow where we will be looking for long johns and ski masks! Hope you enjoyed our snow adventure!

4 comments:

  1. What a wonderful adventure I had with you! Thanks for letting me enjoy it. js

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I see the camera angle. I know where Mama is. :c)

    ReplyDelete