As you might have heard, we bought 88 acres not too far from where we are now a couple months ago. Woohoo! Now we have been getting things to the point of being able to get a perc test and all the fun things that must happen before a house can be built. Fangorn is a forest in the world of Tolkien, it was home to Treebeard the Ent and was a fabulous old place. Though our forest is not so old, a good portion of it being Pine trees, it still felt fitting. Anywho, today (5/22/22) we took a hike and I remembered my camera for the first time, so I figured I would bring you guys along! There's a couple recent pictures mixed in too, not land related as well as some earlier pictures from my phone.
 |
| Got a new machete |
 |
| Blurry :-( |
 |
| Periwinkle? |
 |
| Alien eggs? |
 |
| We were properly grossed out by this but also fascinated |
 |
| A "bowl web" spotted by Jack |
 |
| I think this is Deerberry |
 |
| Nice spot for a house |
 |
| Any ideas on what this is? |
 |
| Anyone know what these are? |
 |
| Looks like a nice home |
 |
| This was the same rose bush from earlier except taken about a week earlier |
 |
| Jordans been clearing |
 |
| Dry stream bed |
 |
| A bunch of weirdos at the Ripleys Aquarium in Gatlinburg |
If any of you have any idea of what any of the plants or trees are, please leave a comment! I'm slowly looking them up as I go along, have an idea on a few, but there might be some that y'all recognize right off. Sorry the pictures are out of order, blogger is not the most user friendly. I hope y'all enjoyed the little tour or Fangorn!
Mom here. These are great! I am so happy for you guys. :)
ReplyDelete