Wednesday, August 18, 2021

The Biltmore

 Jordan and I had a little getaway for our anniversary to the Asheville area, turned out that Paul & Phyllis were near by so we met up to tour the Biltmore! Always a treat to explore somewhere new with people who have been there and love it. I'm not going to have many comments, I remember some things and not others, but I figure y'all would enjoy seeing some of the things that caught my eye. Some pictures are off center or otherwise weird on account of the amount of people I was trying to photograph around. That's my excuse and I'm sticking with it! There was no flash allowed, so some are wonky from that as well.





I loved all the faces everywhere. So much in this building left me in awe thinking about the tools they had at that time to do this with.



I loved how almost all the ceilings had some sort of detail
These tables weigh over a ton













Thought of you with this one Ma



Not a bad view


All the columns on this porch had a different animal


This was my favorite room










George Vanderbilts Bedroom




I couldn't get a good shot of this but it was a beautiful deep teal color

Edith Vanderbilts Bedroom




Door Detail



The music room, where people on this floor (!) could get to know each other. This floor has 13 guest bedrooms, or either it could hold 13 guests, I don't remember.


A guest bedroom, it would be used for 4 single ladies or sometimes a family.

Now that is a tub!








This room was painted during a New Years Eve party by all the guests when I think the daughter of George and Edith was the head cheese of the estate







Dressing rooms for the ladies, the dudes were on the other side of a wall.


No, they're not on phones, that's the audio for the tour








Rotisserie 

I was in awe of this stove top




The domain of the florist

Laundry Room


System for hanging sheets to dry


Another view of that awesome fireplace
Such a sublime arrangement











Can you spot the train?















No comments:

Post a Comment