Thursday, March 30, 2017

Let's Play Ball!

Both Jack & Carl are playing ball this year. It was originally just going to be Jack playing, but on the way to sign ups, Carl decided he wanted to play as well. Both teams have not been able to practice/scrimmage very much on account of bad weather, and both have the least amount of together time of the teams in their respective leagues. It shows when they get together, but both teams are pretty laid back and see this as more of an opportunity to have fun and learn a bit about teamwork, which I totally agree with at their age. Neither leagues keep score yet. Jack is pitching machine baseball and Carl is T-ball. Anywho, I thought y'all might enjoy some pictures from their scrimmages tonight. They both had one and thankfully they were on fields right by each other so I could watch them both since J was sick at home with Eli. 

The little girl on the right, she's very good. She has quite the arm and hits and runs with purpose! Most the other kids are goofing off or not too sure what's going on, but she is focused and it's fun to watch.


Their shirts are all huge, M & L sizes for a bunch of 5 & 6 year olds. Those that tuck have some awfully bumpy pants!


Good throw Carl!



That boy doesn't do anything half way. :-)













Half the field converged on anything that was hit. 




Hey Ma!










Don't watch me, watch the batter!


Go Carl, go!



Jack at bat

Fouled the first one... 
Good hit Jack! RUN!!!




Jack getting a lesson on how to be ready to run to the next base.


Siiigh. I've washed that shirt in hot twice now and it's not shrunk at all. Going to hem it this weekend.



Stoopid fence getting in my way







What a swing!









Good game guys!

I like Jack's look of wonder at the giant slapping his hand.

Good game Jack!

Good game everyone!

Let's play!

2 comments:

  1. Jeez! I was leaving probably too long a comment and hit a key accidentally. I felt like I was there with you. Basic, favorites. Jack's expression when the hit the ball, Carl in mid-air throwing the ball. All this started with "Don't look at me. Watch the batter." By the end of the game, they were in to it. :) Looking forward to seeing them play in person. Good entertainment tonight/this morning. Better than TV.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That was like being there and seeing them play! I almost starting yelling "Go, Jack"..."Go, Carl".....and then realized I was at work, and everyone might think I had lost it! Thanks for sharing the pics, they are great! And I think it will be great for both of them to play and make new friends on the ball fields! Love You All, P&P

    ReplyDelete