Friday, January 13, 2012

Catch Up

Hey guys!
   Sorry I haven't updated.  I've tried, I really have, but I'm having a lot of trouble with Blogger and uploading photos.  My posts keep getting deleted and now I'm frustrated. So, I thought I would do a text update to catch you guys up until I attempt the pictures again.
    We had a most lovely Christmas in Virginia & North Carolina.  It was Carl's first Christmas and he was totally oblivious to it.  Next year will be a fun year!  Jack had a blast this year, he did seem to have a hard time with the fact that not all the presents were for him.  He was a most excellent unwrapping helper though. We had a ton of fun visiting with all the family, we miss everyone so much!  We had a loaded up car on the way home, we were spoiled! 
    I got a sewing machine!!!  I'm planning to work on getting the craft room sorted.  I've been trolling Craigslist hoping that someone will have an old desk they want to get rid of so I have somewhere to put my new sewing machine.  No dice so far, but I'm not giving up!  We moved Carl in with Jack, so I can work on projects during their nap.  I'm trying to get all my craft ideas in one place so I can see what I need to be on the lookout for to be able to make things.  I can't wait to get a table & start!
    There was a crack in the living room floor that was causing a leak that was coming up through the carpet.  This has been a problem since we moved in over a year ago.  When I pointed it out to the maintenance guy on his annual inspection (pointed it out twice, they come every 3 months) he apparently thought I was stupid and we were just tracking water in from the backyard.  Oooooookay.  Finally after I pointed it out again on a dry day after a long dry spell, the guy finally took me seriously enough to bring it up to the leasing office for repair.  Took a while, but finally just after Thanksgiving, over a week the inside and outside was fixed.  Anywho, whole reason for this boring story is that they sent someone over to clean the carpet and since we had to move all the furniture out we decided to change things up a bit.  Since we moved Carl and Jack in the same room we thought it would be best to take all the toys out of their room so they would actually, you know, sleep.  So now, the front corner of the living room is the play area and it's working out great!  We got a chest from Pete and it's great having storage for the toys.  I want to spruce the chest up a bit but I lack talent with painting so I'm hoping something will come to me that doesn't require artistic talent.  Any ideas? 
    I hope to get more pictures up soon.  I'm so far behind I'm not sure if I should put the backed up posts or just start new.  What do you think?

Fresh & clean
After a little play time

2 comments:

  1. BACKED UP POSTS? YES ! ! ! We want to see everything that has been waiting. Have you used search words 'sewing table' for Craig's list? Also, any local schools that have surplus for sale? Union County sells their surplus to the general public. Thanks for the wonderful Thank You note. Jack has such excellent etiquette! June

    ReplyDelete
  2. All righty, I'll work on those old posts then! :-) After reading your comment I looked on Craigslist again and found a sewing table but they wanted $50 for it, I was kind of hoping for something free, though that table had where both sides could be let down & I thought that will be useful. I have faith that one will come along though! Glad you enjoyed the note, I want to get him started on the right track early. Stay tuned...

    ReplyDelete