Sunday, April 1, 2012

This 'n That

I've been looking for this phone for years.  We had one when we were kids that I loved playing with and now I have my own!  I just need to make it work properly now.
Found this beauty in the neighbors trash pile, just needs sanding, little repair work on the arm & some new paint & we'll be good to go!
We were out of the house before 6am on Saturday, heading to a yard sale.  Their Craigslist ad said that there would be a lot of stuff, but that was rather misleading.  We ended up seeing other signs and stopping at about 5 others.  This is our haul!  I found three pillows that I'm going to use as pillow forms, way cheaper than in the store!
Aren't they cute?  I feel like I've see these somewhere before.  I don't drink Bailey's,  but I just couldn't resist their uniqueness!
Found this for Jack, $1 & it's a remote controlled one (that works)!
Lookit my chair!  It has a piece of wood that covers the hole and I'm going to cover it. Isn't it beautiful?  I found it at the last house we went to, when I was down to my last $5 and some change.  I had found some pre-school & kindergarten curriculum books and the Bailey's cups and then I saw this.  I asked how much she wanted and she said $5?  Then she asked what I was thinking and I told her I only had $6.49 and would she possibly take that for everything and she told her husband to decide and I got it all!  Whew!
My $3 table!  Just needs a little refinishing and one leg needs shoring up, awesome deal!  I'd also been talking about needing a mini ironing board for sewing for a while and then I found it for $1!  I could get addicted to this yard sale business.
My dollah shoes, gotta learn to walk in kitten heels.
The other part of my $6.49 purchase
This wasn't found at a yard sale :-)  Isn't it wonderful?  I can't wait to use it!
This makes me smile
I gave Jack a choice of toys at one sale and he chose this over a much noisier toy, so I'm quite happy with his decision!


Anyway, that was our Saturday goodies.  I'll be working on some more posts with various goings ons today.




1 comment:

  1. Looks like this was a fun day. I'll bet the boys had a blast!! Looking forward to seeing the chairs finished. Like it all! Hope you get the phone working. :) That was fun, using that phone as a telecommunication tool way back when. Glad you found one. Wish I could have been with you guys, but this is the next best thing.

    ReplyDelete