Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Jack's First Day

We went to take a tour of the preschool on Monday, to see what we thought about it as far as enrolling Jack.  This is the Pond area, the 3 year olds are in the Pond.

On Wednesday, we went to check out his classroom & meet his teachers.  This is the door to his room.

There were a few other people there for the meet & greet.  Jack had fun checking out all the toys.

A long view of his room, a sink is behind me.  There's a building area, dress up area, kitchen, puzzles, and reading.  It's split up so that the kids can be spread out in groups so they can play without being all up on each other.

This is Ms. Kris, she's the assistant teacher.

This is Ms. Donna.  Carl really wanted to tear that place up!

Jack's cubby.

First Day!

Carl was pretty interested in what big brother was doing.  Jack is super into Batman these days...

Gimme!

First thing in the morning, the kids go straight back to the sink & wash their hands.

Jack was immediately drawn to the play-doh that was laid out on a table.


Unfortuntaely, he didn't stay content and when I finally slipped out, hoping to make it to the car before my stinging eyes turned to gushing eye, he came out of the room looking for me.  Ms. Kris was really good with him though and she sent me a text a little bit after we got home with a picture of him smiling & playing with play-doh.  I definitely needed to see that!

I peeked through the window when I went to pick him up, he was "talking" on a phone, wonder who he was calling?  Ms. Donna said he was ready and by the door waiting for me first thing.


He drew me a picture and they had them put their handprints on a paper with a sweet little poem on it.  I look forward to all the little crafts he bring home! 

6 comments:

  1. These photos are really beautiful Adrienne. You and Jordan found a treasure for Jack. I'll bet Jack is pooped tonight. He's a strong little boy. I can just imagine him through this day of his. Not much different than being left with a granma when forces decided it was time to leave that comfortable quiet warm nest. Sometimes Jack would look up at me when I would point to a stone on the ground to put in his bucket, us exploring the backyard. He'd look at me like, "You think so?" and then, without a word, get down and start digging the stone out to add to his collection in his bucket he was carrying. Because he decided he wanted to. Sometimes I would point out things and it didn't interest him. Teaching observation is the key, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I worked so hard. Time for Carl too "leave the warm rocking nest", and Jack being left with this woman that "flew" out of no where. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jordan and you are doing great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like there were other Mamas having a hard time leaving... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tomorrow the 2nd T day of the week. My hat is off and I am bowing low to you and Susan both. And Josh and Jordan!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute pics!! He looked so proud with his backpack on.:)

    ReplyDelete