Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Memphis Zoo Part I

Friday, our living room floor was sealed to finally fix what has been causing our carpet to be wet since we moved in.  This was the last thing the guy could think it could be (there's a crack in the foundation) and it's actually the first thing I mentioned when I told them about the problem.  But oh no, a woman wouldn't know anything about that kind of stuff, dang rednecks.  Anywho, to avoid fumes & babies getting into sealant, Jordan took the day off & we headed to check out the Memphis Zoo for the first time!

I asked Jack to smile, these are what I got.  I went out the night before & bought him this camera, it froze continuously though, so he didn't use it & I had to return it.  I was so excited to see what kind of pictures he was going to take too.  Harrumph!  Maybe next time, we do have a membership now, so unlimited visits!
Big animals greeting us at the entrance.
I like the Egyptian styling.
Poor tiger, can't even take a bath without the paps sniffing around!
Do you mind?
 

Red Pandas!  It was early on a dreary day, so a lot of the animals were either indoors or sleeping when we first got there.  Don't they look like some kind of fuzzy fruit?  They were right over the walkway, I wonder what keeps them from jumping down & taking off?
Puma!  He ever so kindly took a rest right by a window!
Not a good picture at all, but I love the spots!  Can't remember who this guy is.  Anyone know?
I didn't realize my flash was on, so the pic stinks, but these guys were super cute!  They look so silky, I really wanted to pet them.
Morning bath
 

I think that cheetahs are the supermodels of the animal kingdom.  So thin and graceful, they were a wonder to watch! 

Meerkat!
 

A pretty pond off to the side of the trail.  They really put some effort into their landscaping at this zoo.
We did NOT go in here...
Poor hippos.  :(  They are taking donations to build them a new habitat, this one is just sad! 

Entrance to China
What's so funny?
 

Aren't they just the cutest EVER?!?!???
Sniff sniff, I smell diaper!

Jack wasn't interested in posing for pictures this trip, this is right before he kicked the poor panda.

It was so hard to get a clear picture through the glass!  Jack was going around singing "Kung Fu Pandaaaaa!"
 

That was a weird turtle lion hybrid.

More to come later! 

1 comment:

  1. The first question I saw, first thing I thought was Jaguar, then I looked at the spots again and thought Ocelot. I love the Meercats, always have.
    Looking forward to checking out the zoo next time I get that way. I hope the hippos have something better too.. Looking forward to some more pics, and I know I'm not the only one..
    Hope NO MORE WET CARPET!!

    ReplyDelete