Friday, August 31, 2012

Zoo Trip Part II

Here are a few more pictures from our first zoo trip.  With us having the membership, we can go as often as we want and never pay again, not bad for $99!  We went again last weekend, I'll put those pictures in a seperate post though, don't want you guys to get pictured out!


Look!  Proof that I went!

I wonder if they could stab themselves in the back if they jerked wrong?

I love how they have it set up where it's easy to feel real close to the animals.

For $5, you can get 9 pieces of lettuce to feed the giraffes.  We contemplated it but we weren't sure if Jack would get scared & we also didn't have cash.  Maybe next time!

Their stripes are amazing!

Took a lot of finagling to get this shot.

Lookit him sitting!  Their habitat was pretty awesome, a big waterfall, huge space.  2 Bears shared it and the wolves were next door.  They are working on a 13 acre Tundra development that will be full of trails and habitats, I can't wait to see it!  As members, we'll get a sneak peek.

The wolves were pretty warm, they did perk up when Jack barked at them though.

What a rack!

This guy was in a Native American village habitat area, I didn't get a lot of pictures cause that's when it started raining.  Thankfully there was a covered area we were able to pass the storm in.

I just love how these bears sit!

Rawr!  There's a Polar Bear cam on the memphis zoo website.  You can also watch the Pandas.


My camera did not even come close to capturing the beautiful color of these flamingos.

Don't touch my sticks!

I like his necklace...

Both times we've gone to the zoo this guy has been in this exact spot/pose.




I think the penguins were my second favorite after the otters.


These are the same fish we had in our aquarium back in VA, Jordan thought it was funny that it was at the zoo.

Who knew piranhas were so sparkly?


He sat there with his toe like that for a long time, he didn't move a muscle.

Poor kitty was hot.

2 comments:

  1. You have a beautiful zoo!
    I feel like we keep getting the shaft, because our zoos seem kinda lame.
    PS you are such a cute Mama!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a fun day for all. Looking forward to enjoying it with you one day.

    ReplyDelete