Sunday, May 8, 2011

My moo-moo

   My mother's day was spent, ironically enough, taking a break from being a mother.  Well, as much of a break as you can really take from motherhood.  The card that Da gave me said to put my feet up and relax cause he was gonna be the mom for the day.  Who was I to argue?  We discovered that if Da were a full time mom the house would be a wreck!  The furniture was rearranged to make a fort and there was evidence of the days cooking all around the kitchen.  They had fun though & I got to be lazy and eat and be waited on.  Pretty sweet deal!  How was your Mother's Day mommies? 
   Now, where would we be without our mothers?  Not here, that's for sure!  Here's my momma:


She's a tiny thing for having had 4 kids, dontcha think?

Wasn't I cute?

 My momma's purty.
   My mom helped make my childhood super memorable and I can only hope to make such wonderful memories for my boys.  Now that I'm a mother I can better appreciate all that she did for us and what she put up with.  I remember I used to think it was her fault when we were late going places but now that I have children of my own I realize that if she didn't have 4 kids to get ready she would have been on time!  I'm lucky to have clothes on that match when I get out of the house with just two babies to get ready, so I can only imagine how I would look with more.  I would most likely never change out of my pajamas.  It's amazing the clarity you get about your mother when you become a mom.  The things that seemed unfair at the time now make perfect sense and can sometimes even seem lenient! 
   Thank you mom, for having the strength to be the bad guy and say no.  Thank you for knowing when I had truly suffered enough and needed a hug more than a punishment.  Thank you for loving me even when I acted bratty and said hurtful things.  Thank you for putting us first.  Thank you so very much for trusting my judgment when I came to you at eighteen years old and told you I was going to get married to the only boy I ever dated.  I know you had to have been worried that I was making a mistake, I can't even imagine what I would do if one of my sons came to me at that young of an age and said they were getting married.  Thank you for your support, it meant the world to us.  I am blessed to have you as my moomoo and my sons are lucky to have you as a Granma.
   I would also like to take this opportunity to thank my mother in law.  Without her I would not be a mother now and that would be very sad indeed.  Da is a loving, smart, responsible man and I am thankful that he had a mother who raised him to be that way.  Thank you Beth, your son is a most fantastic husband and father and you are a wonderful mother in law and Grammy.
   I realize this is a lot of mom love, but it's Mother's Day!  Father's Day will be here soon enough...

No comments:

Post a Comment