Sunday, May 1, 2011

Baby J turns 2!

Ten four good buddy
    My baby turned 2 today.  I can't believe it's been that long and that I already have another!  Two years ago today at this time I was laying in a hospital bed in awe of the strange creature in the bassinet beside me and wondering if I would ever be able to change that teeny tiny diaper.  Motherhood is a wonderful thing and I'm so glad that I've been blessed to experience it.
   Here is a picture of J on his last night before he turned 2.
    After J went to bed I got to work on his birthday cake.  We went with the tractor since it complimented the farm decorations.  I made a yellow cake from The cookbook (those in my family know which one I'm talking about) and I added some sprinkles to make it funfetti.  Turned out pretty nice if I do say so. 
Ready to go!

Mixxx

My darling mixer

Da getting the pan ready

Funfetti! 




























  









   Da made J some banana pancakes in fun shapes for his birthday breakfast.  He was a happy boy when he saw his breakfast and ate every bit, much to our surprise.  (Mama was hoping to snag a bite when birthday boy wasn't looking, no such luck.) 
 

The 2 year old and his special breakfast

Matchy match

Before

After some fabulous decorating by Da.  I don't do decorating.  I make beautiful things ugly when I decorate.

Party table

For me???

Balloon!

Ready for my burger!

Happy Birthday to youuuuuu

Blow out the candles!

Yayyyy!

  I am definitely my mother's daughter.  I made sure that the piece of cake J got had lots of black icing on it so I would get a good picture.  :-)

Presents!

From Aunt Donna & Uncle Glenn

My first football!

From Pa & Gram

Just my size!

From Ma & Da (It CLIMBS!!!)  We may or may not have gotten this so we could play with it too.  J now expects all of his toy cars to be able to crawl up walls.

El Toro Loco tattoo that came with his monster truck 

   We spent a small portion of J's birthday in the closet, he didn't mind though, he had his new toys.  He was dragging his new chair all over the house, whether it would fit or not!  I think J had a good birthday.  He had yummy food and fun gifts and the majority of Mama & Da's attention.  (Baby C slept most of the day.)

This is how baby C spent most of the day. 
    To end, a video of J's awesome new climbing car.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you guys had a fun celebration! I really like the pic of the messy icing face. :c) And I really want a car like that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to Jacky-poo! Wish I could have been there, it looks like y'all had a blast!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can tell you guys are all going to fight over that car! I know Jordan will want one of his own. They didn't have cars like that when he was little. Glad Baby Jack had a good day! Looks like he enjoyed his cake! Good job decorating Jordan! Looks like the tradition will continue! Wish we could have been there but I know it was special just the way it was! Love and hugs to y'all!
    ma

    ReplyDelete