Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Halloweenie

Our original shirt idea.  Ended up being too small though
I had grand plans for this ice cream bucket
The beginning, I used the wrong type of glue & the paper was coming off throughout the night.  Jack didn't care though!
I found some Halloween scrapbook paper in the $1 area at Target.  I'd planned to make some pop-up cards with Jack but I decided he was too young, maybe next year though.  We still found a use for the paper!
Starting the box
First fitting
oooohhhhh!
Jack was pretty excited.  He did drive his Dada nuts by blowing the letters all over the floor.

I put a hole in the top figuring he'd be less likely to spill his goodies.
Adding the crank
Rawr

Squiggle worm


I wish the top had worked out, it really pulled the whole thing together.

Jack is actually wearing a shirt that Aunt June sent for me, it was the right color & worked great since the original idea fell through
 
 His hat was crocheted by his Granma Clara, worked great with the costume!




Jack's haul, our camera is wonky & wouldn't take a clear picture inside.  Jack got a lot of extra candy for being so cute.  People would hand him a piece and then go back for more.  :-)  He was a big hit.  He even had other kids telling him he was cute & had a great costume!  Now we just need to figure out what to do for next year.  We'll be sure to start on it earlier than the day before next time.

2 comments: