Thursday, November 24, 2011

A Thanksgiving while watching what I eat = my belly doesn't hurt for once!

This

turned into this

Very immodest turkey
This

turned in to this slightly burnt version.  I plan to make it all from scratch next time, saw a great recipe I want to try.

Isn't this cool looking?  Not photo editing, just steam on the lens!

Yummmms.  I remember this dish on our table growing up.
This

and this
turned into this!  Our first time using our ladle & gravy boat from Ma & Pa.  Looks so much better than in a cereal bowl like in years past.

These
turned into this.  No, I didn't chop up bread in perfect little bits, ha!  Bagged.  :-(  I plan to make this from scratch next year too.
Our meal this year, I actually remembered everything this time!

Don't forget the cranberries Dada!

Jack's plate
Our meal went really well.  I learned a couple of things too.  1. Always make sure you have aluminum foil when cooking a turkey  2. It's very difficult to take a nice picture of a turkey  3. Watching how many calories you eat at Thanksgiving is tough, but at the same time my belly is not sickeningly full like usual  4. Jack loves cranberry sauce  5. There's a heckuva lot more meat on a turkey than it looks like

I hope you all had a lovely Thanksgiving, traditional or non.  I hope that one day I can cook for many people, I do so love cooking for people.  For today though, I'll take the smiles on the faces of little family.

1 comment: