Tuesday, March 13, 2012

A Day Outside

Jordan made these fantastic Caramelized Mushroom & Onion Biscuits.  They. were. amazing!  They got better as time passed too, I ate the last one this morning and today is day 3.  Yummo!
Camera set on auto..
...and vivid!
This is a setting that picks certain colors out and it was set for reds, I forgot how to reset the color but I remembered later as you'll see!
I was playing with all the camera settings and not really paying attention to Jack, not like he can go anywhere with the backyard being fenced.  Anywho, this is what I saw when I finally turned around.
My first instinct was to get upset, "Jack, get out of the mud, you're getting dirty!"  But then, I thought back to my childhood and realized that a lot of my fondest memories involve me getting dirty.  Making mud pies in the backyard, jumping in leaf piles, flower soup, playing in the garden and general outside awesomeness (thanks mom & dad!).  Seems like the memories that stick with kids are the ones that probably stick with parents for the clean up required.  I'm thankful for being let loose when I was a kid and being allowed to get dirty, I plan to give my boys the same experience, no matter the extra work it may cause me. 
He's a nut...
Carl had just gotten up from a nap and was having a snack while Jack & I played outside.  I can't wait for him to walk so he can play too!

Sign of a hard days play

All done!
Pop & lock son, pop & lock
Jack helped me make Jell-o.  Me playing with the camera settings again, love the blue!
Why yes, that is a green bean on Carl's cheek.
First Jell-o!
Hey, where'd it all go?

1 comment:

  1. Oh to get dirty, the good thing is that it's so fixable... :)

    I love the picture of his muddy boots and the one right after that through the leaves!

    Looked like you had a GREAT day!

    ReplyDelete