Friday, March 2, 2012

Hanging Out & The Houston Zoo


Golfing on the green
Somebody looks sleeeeepy
I know it's blurry...
...but I like these two boys sitting & reading Dora together
The zoo crowd, first time Uncle Glenn went to the zoo!
These guys were going all over, showing off for the crowd.  If only I had a better camera when we went!  Mine ran out of juice soon after this as you shall see
I was trying to get Jack to stand by the monkey but he would not humor his momma, he wanted to get to seeing the oh-ahs
My camera died on the last photo but Granma let me borrow hers.  She has a nice, super zoom Canon that I had a ton of fun using.  This monkey has such an expressive face!
Kinda reminds me of a guinea pig
Uncle Glenn was so good with Jack.  They were ahead of us for most of the visit, Jack was very excited about the monkey's and cats

Hey guys, catchin' some rays
Lion King!!!
You want some of this?  (Looks like he's cracking his knuckles, getting ready for a beat down)
These were the most active of the monkey's that we saw.  We got there first thing and most of the animals were still waking up.  These guys were rough housing, jumping & climbing all around.  Love the tail!
Jack had so much fun!

It was only later that I though about doing a picture with both boys there.  :-(  Would have been perfect to put in one of those First Visit to the Houston Zoo frames.  Maybe next time I'll remember
Folding his blankie
Love the colors on these beauties
Who does this look like to you?  Tell me and then I'll tell you who I see, someone famous, and lonesome...
Playing with a kid on the other side
Wasn't as interested in Jack though

These ladies were patrolling the perimeter...
...while this guy, uh, rested
Look at that elephant rocking out to Jack's beats!
HE-HAW HE-HAW HE-HAAWWWWW!!!  RIDE HE-HAW!!!!!!!!!!  (He was running and yelling that)
The guy running the carousel, Henry, was so awesome.  Jack was the only kid on the thing for the first go round and he asked me his name and he went on the intercom and personalized it for Jack.  Good morning Jack, that kind of thing.  It was really super.
His face just might split!

Checking out the koi
What exotic animal is this?
They even had a playground for the youngins
I have a picture at this fountain from when Jordan & I visited almost 6 years ago, no idea where it is though.  I had to beg & plead to get him to pose for me (the past picture, not this one), but he finally stuck his head in and acted like he was being eaten.  Geeze, humor the camera lady!
Choo-choo
An even bigger grin than for the He-Haw!
How you doin'?
Byeee! 

Jack is still talking about riding the He-haw and Choo-choo.  He'll come up to me and say, out of the blue, Ride he-haw?  Yes Jack, you rode the he-haw.  Ride choo-choo?  You did ride a choo-choo, didn't you?  He had a blast & we're definitely going to have to check out the Memphis zoo, I've heard a lot of good things about it.  Aunt Donna mentioend that the St. Louis zoo is a great one to visit as well.  We've been talking about taking a weekend trip to St. Louis, I wanna check out all the spots from the movie.  It was probably all filmed on a sound stage though.  Ah well.  Anywho, sorry it's been a while, my camera was shot but I got a new one today so I'm re-energized and ready to get back into the flow of posting again.

3 comments:

  1. I don't think we ever went to the Houston zoo :(
    I love the giraffes though, I think they are among my favorites!

    Biz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! There is the Asheboro Zoo, rather the North Carolina Zoo now. Brian was little when Deb and I took him there, when they were developing it. And David and I took you "little" kids years later. YES! Let's plan while you guys are here Easter to go to the zoo here. The Houston Zoo photos you took brought back a lot of memories. I'm glad Jack had such fun. Looks like Jordan was enjoying himself too! It is fun seeing the Texas family again. I can just picture Carl's little face watching, knowing he's going to be running with his brother soon!!! You better get ready. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would have luuuuved to have been there with you. Don, Nettie Jo & their family are looking well. Hope you told them Hello from us. Sooo.... who does the monkey look like? Mickey Rourke? Let me know. PS: Carl Smart had a birthday today - and, unlike Carl X, this is NOT Carl Smart's FIRST! It is his 68th! Thanks again for the joy your blog brings to us. June

    ReplyDelete