We are stocked up on groceries & diapers. The bills are paid and the van is gassed. We indulged our Dollar Menu craving one last time. Tomorrow starts our 2 weeks of absolutely no spending of money. I purchased groceries that will last and that can be used in a wide variety of ways. Maybe I'll post about the meals I cook, it'll be sure to get interesting near the end.
In other, more stressful news, relating to why we are doing this money thing, we have a new realtor. We had communication issues with our last one and felt that we were not a priority. Come to discover that she cuts hair for a living and real estate is just a side job. This was after we terminated our contract. Seems like that would have been helpful to know before we wasted 6 months with our house on the market with nothing being done with it.
We like our new realtor. He's the owner of a major real estate company in the area and he's straight forward and we like that. He has let us know what needs done to the house to make it marketable and as soon as it's all accomplished he's going to start scheduling open houses every other week. Our other realtor had one open house in 6.5 months. Our new realtor has told us that he believes that houses need to be sold, not just advertised and then wait for a buyer, he plans to aggressively market our home and get it sold. I like this guy. If it were to not sell or if it doesn't look like it will sell for the price we need to get in the time we need to get it, his company can handle leasing our home out. Whooo! Win win in our book.
Now we are just working on rounding up family and friends to help us get what needs done, done. Painting, cleaning etc. It is really tough not being able to go and take care of it ourselves. We feel so bad and helpless asking people for help. There's no room for pride when selling a house... We'd appreciate your prayers with this, it would take a load off of our shoulders if we can sell that house. I have faith that things are going to turn out.
I'll keep y'all updated on the money and house things. Good night!
Good for you! Looking forward to how this all works out. Not having money was a game for me also. No matter what life hands you, make it FUN! Challenging. I've found a "Tiny House" blog that's fun for me.
ReplyDeleteGreat about the realtor. Wish I was in VA to help out. Hang in there. You guys are doing good!
Time for a care package! Much love.