Saturday, July 30, 2011

Spongy Sponges



Tools for our Friday craft



What are these things that I put in this water?





Where's the other part of his face???

So patient, much more so than his mama




It's a hippo!

This is so exciting!


Our $1 menagerie

We interrupt this photo stream for a look at the Cahl cam.  I love the blur of motion around his hands and feet, he's a busy boy!

He was making this (gazelle? antelope?) walk across the table and thwanging it's antlers.

Part two of our craft

Paint with the sponges!  It didn't work so well...





















   Jack did have a lot of fun getting paint on the sponges and squishing them.  The sponges were a bit too small to make clear prints, very abstract.  It's amazing how much fun can be had with a package of animal shaped sponges from the dollar bin.  I sure love that area of Target. 








1 comment:

  1. The craft idea might not have worked out, but I can see his mouth in an "O" when he saw the gelatin breaking down, and the first sponge animal breaking free. Supporting curiosity, imagination, and "Wow!"

    ReplyDelete