Six years ago today, Jordan and I went to the Lynchburg City Courthouse and became husband and wife. Our parents were there to witness us make this commitment to each other. I'm sure it was tough on them, tough knowing that Jordan was 18 and two months out of high school and I was only 19. They had to wonder at least a little about us, were we going to make it? I really can't blame them, especially now that I'm a mother. How in the world would I react if Jack came to me that young saying he was getting married? But, here we are, six years and two beautiful sons later and we're as happy as ever. We've hit some bumps, struggled through some hard times, but we always come through and have been able to keep our sense of humor. Thank you Mom, Dad, Beth & Tom for your support and for believing in us as a couple. We're in it for the long haul, no matter what is to come.
Now, 6 years might not seem like a special year mark, so why am I writing about it? Cause it's the Sugar/Candy anniversary! Since our first year Jordan & I have used the
traditional/modern list of anniversary gifts as our gift guide. For example, on our first anniversary (paper/clocks) Jordan got me a Spongebob Monopoly and I got him a journal. On our third (leather/crystal) I got Jordan a leather frame and he got me a crystal figurine. And then for this year, (candy/wood) I got Jordan a M&M canister with the peanut M&M on it and some peanut M&M's and he got me a cupcake pillow and all my favorite candies! I'm really not a big jewelry wearer and Jordan's tough to buy for anyway, so this method of gift giving has worked quite well for us over the years. We have also always been rather tight around our anniversary, not sure why but it sure gets those creative juices flowing! Our friend Kaye is going to watch the boys tomorrow (she just got engaged to our friend Pete a couple days ago, speaking of marriages) and Jordan & I are going to have a sushi lunch and then watch Harry Potter courtesy of the money from selling my old punching bag. Whoo! Anywho, here are some pictures from our courthouse wedding.
 |
| This was taken before we became Mr. & Mrs. |
 |
| Geeze, we look young |
 |
We went out to lunch with our moms afterward and they told our waitress that we had just gotten married and could they bring something out. So they brought us a sundae!
|
 |
| I was hoping to get a better picture, but this will do for now. I think these are two pretty nice accomplishments. :-) Like our family dog? |
Celebrate BIG!!! 6 years. Its hard to believe.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations to you both!
I like it! And I like the family dog!!
ReplyDelete