Saturday, August 20, 2011

Growing An Octopus

To grow an octopus, you first start with a big tub, clear is best for optimal viewing pleasure

Secondly, you need water, cause it's an octopus

Thirdly, you need an inquisitive child to test the water

and to supervise

You need the creature of choice of course

Which do you want to grow Jack?

You need to open the packaging.  How do they breathe in there???

Put your creature in the perfectly prepared water oh so gently

First measurement, very exact, I know

Day two

I love wearing mommy & dada's shoes!

Day three

Hang out and wait...

Day four, I messed up and measured the wrong way so it's not as easy to see the growth, sorry guys.

Day five

Day six, slowing in growth

Day seven.  The octopus was measured each day between 2:30-3pm

Time to release the beast!!!  Sorry for the blurry picture, his expression of glee was just too much not to share.

Ooooh, my own octopus!

Lookit!

His new home when not being carted around the house
 


Another use for your awesome octopus habitat



And that is how you grow an octopus.

1 comment:

  1. This and the other post with Jack helping Jordan with the brake job, I thoroughly enjoyed. Especially proud of Jordan, allowing son to learn, to work, with a little assistance from Da.
    I would like to address the pic 4th from the bottom, the octopus' home. What is that apparatus on the commode? To keep Carl out? Glad it wasn't there when I was there! :c) And the egg carton. Is Jack feeding his octopus raw eggs?
    Jack! I love your octopus! You and your Mom did a great job!

    ReplyDelete