Saturday, August 27, 2011

Carl gets to swing!

Carl swung on a swing for the first time this afternoon!  Does he look like he enjoyed it? 

He could only open his eyes on the back swing for the sun

What a chunky monkey!!!

He was holding on tight while giggling & sticking out his tongue

This is a really weird picture, but you can see his first teeth!

What is up with the tongue???

Hmmm, with much swinging brings deep concentration

Jack had a ball of course, he really seemed to enjoy getting to swing with his baby brother

He must like his tongue a bit...
  Things are going well here.  Checking out a new church tomorrow.  I was looking at their website today and they have 3 cry rooms for parents with "rowdy" children.  Or as they spelled it, roudy.  Is it bad that I edit websites, magazines and pretty well anything with words in my head?  Gives me something to do I suppose.  (No cracks about my grammar people!)
   Jack is starting to string words together and has really got his please and thank you down.  He's gotten very good at not needing prompts.  He's becoming the manners police though, if he thinks Dada or I should have said thank you for something he stares at us and goes tank youuu tank youuu tank youuu.  I'm sorry Jack, I don't really want to say thank you after you hand me a live FLY!!!  Yeah, he caught a fly.  I guess it's good, I really don't like fly's though.  Icky poo.   Speaking of icky poo, Jack is kinda sorta starting potty training, wheeee.  I want him to use the potty I just don't want to have to clean up the pee trails on the carpets and cleanser out the potty, um, pot.  I'm so big, look at me, I can use my own potty, and it makes me feel so very very proud, when everybody cheers out loud!  That's my jam these days folks. 
   Carl is just about ready to crawl.  He gets up really high and rocks back & forth.  Only a matter of time before I need to buy a tracking collar.  He's getting the hang of eating, only about half of the bowl of cereal gets on him now.  Progress!  He has his two top middle teeth now & the bottom ones are trying their darndest to come out and join them.  These boys are growing up way too fast!
Jack is saying ewwww while looking at this

Lookit meeeeeee!


   We're getting ready to head to VA next weekend.  We must be completely crazy.  We're driving straight up (11 hours normally) right after Jordan gets off work on Friday.  We figure it will save us some time driving through the night since we won't be stopping for the boys.  Need to raid the coin jar for some espresso funds!  We're only staying for 2 days and it's turning into the same stress ball as the last time I went up with the boys.  You want to pack everything possible in, but with two babies who are going to be spending a lot of time in their car seats and two parents who will be lacking sleep, it's tough to get everything worked in.  I guess that's what we get for moving so far from home!  I would say maybe one day we'll get to move back homeward, but I gotta tell you, Tennessee is starting to grow on me.  Besides, I wasn't kidding about wanting to move to Montana.  Moving here has shown me that we can make it "alone".
   Our first co-ed softball game is on the 1st.  Jordan may be playing on the mens team on Monday.  He strained his hamstring at practice though, so maybe not. 
   We kind of met some neighbors last night as we walked around the block.  They have a black lab that was always on their fenced deck so when the boys & I took our daily walk Jack would always stop and say hello.  He'd stand there on the sidewalk and bark and then the dog barks back and on and on until I move us along.  The couple have an 8 month old daughter as well as a dog, whew!  It probably has about the same energy as a Jack though, except I can't put Jack in a crate if he gets too hyper.  Dang.
   Oh!  The house next door to us was just put up for sale today!  Who wants to move down here?  Come on now!  There's a Bass Pro Shop opening at the Pyramid, you can get a job there.  Huzzah!

2 comments:

  1. Carl looks like a little Kewpie Doll! That tongue thing going on, something he enjoys finding out he can control? Are you going to have a talker on your hands?
    Been waiting on a post! This is great!
    Happy for you guys, the trip. Seeing all the family up there. Looking forward to that post. Take care!

    ReplyDelete