Monday, August 22, 2011

S'mores cups

Got all the the makings for a s'mores cups party!

Special treat for us this week.  Found the recipe on another blog and decided to give it a go.

You need a little muscle man to crush up some graham crackers

The super

A super lock bag is key as well

Pour it into a bowl with some butter

Mix it all together

Add some powdered sugar

Mix some more

Yeah, you guys are doing it right!

Put it by the tablespoon-full in a mini cupcake pan

That's the ticket!

Make little indentations

Whaddya mean I can't have any???

Gotta have the chocolate

Break it up

Taste test (not a necessary step, but essential for quality control)

Halve some marshmallows

Put chocolate in the cracker cups and then put the marshmallows on top

Oooh, those are looking good!  (yes, we were being careful with it being a hot oven.  I know what you're thinking.  :-)  Jack is very aware of what hot means.  It's hot Jack.  fhwoooshhhaooihhjspittleshoooo (that's Jack blowing on something hot))

Best part is, you get to eat them when they're done!

Gooooey


Hmmm, what bold nuances of flavor...
Huh, mama, I do believe this gooey creation has left a part of itself on my fingers
  Anywho, we had fun making these.  I will do it different next time though.  The amount of crackers they call for only makes 15 cups instead of the 24 the recipe said it would make.  I would also use butter, I used margarine this time ($0.88 vs $3.46) and it didn't burn off like butter would have so the crust was not at all crusty and was soft and frankly rather unpleasant.  Buuut, for a s'mores lover like me it was pretty stupendous otherwise!  More Colville cooking creations tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. Interesting thinking about what all Jack was learning while having fun and getting to eat the fun!! Carl's learning too! Great job. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those really look scrumptious, Jack! Would you please send me one via email through your Mom's laptop? You did a great job!!! Did your brother get one?

    ReplyDelete