Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Butte

   I've decided that I want to move to Butte, Montana.  It's been in the 80's there during the day and the mid 40's at night.  Memphis has been 100-110 during the day and in the mid 80's at night.  I've always wanted to live in Montana, doesn't have to be Butte.  I want 1,000 acres and I want to build a house right in the middle of it so there aren't any neighbors.  Ahhhh, such quiet and privacy there would be!  Except for the goats, ducks, sheep, dogs, cats and whatever other animals we decide we want.  Now I just need to win the lottery and we'll be all set!

   This weather is getting to all of us, as I'm sure it's getting to you guys too.  Jack wants to play outside so badly, but it's already 84 here at 8am with the high expected to be 104, a little too warm for little boys to be outside, though our practice on Monday was in 98 degree weather.  Jack was soaked and the seat of Carl's stroller had a big ol wet mark from where his body was.  I apparently didn't drink enough water and got dehydrated and spent most of yesterday with a migraine.  I'm proud that I made it through the day with no harm to my children from my brain fogginess and general having a hard time opening my eyes much less walking.  I suppose as a mom you figure out a way to get what needs done, done.

   Nonetheless, there was no craft yesterday.  I'm sorry to say that Jack spent most of the day watching tv.  Ah well, he is learning words from it.  Not sure what we're going to get in to today.  Guess we'll see what strikes our fancy. 

   Practice went well.  It's quite a hodge podge of people, many have obviously never played softball before.  One lady still had the sticker on her glove and was learning to throw.  I didn't embarrass myself too bad.  I did miss a pop up that I really should have gotten, I was on second base though and I'm really not an infielder.  I did hit every ball that was thrown at me when I batted, that was nice.  :-)  They use two balls in this league, a slightly smaller one for the women, the pitcher kept forgetting though.  My arm hurts something fierce, hopefully it'll get used to the throwing motion again.  I think this is going to be fun, looks like most of the players just want to have fun.  Of course there's one guy, the one who's on every recreational team, the one who takes it super serious and is always talking big and telling everyone what to do even though he's not the coach and running for a ball that is totally in your space and you are more than capable of catching.  He keeps it up I might have to throw a "wild" ball that accidentally hits him.  Nawww, I wouldn't do that, would I? 

    Jack has started getting on up in the mornings once he hears me up and opening his door and going "mama?".  If his gate is unlatched he walks on out, if not he just stands there "mama?mama?mama?".  Guess him staying in his bed until we came and got him was bound to end sometime.  I've been getting on up in the mornings when Jordan gets back from his run and making breakfast for the three of us and we all eat together.  I think it's a good start to all of our day, a little bit of quiet family time.  Carl is usually still sleeping, he would be mighty jealous if he saw us all eating real food while he just got milk!  It would not be a good start to his day... 



Wearing Dada's shoes

I like the brush falling, not sure why.  He was brushing his teeth with it before the drop.
   I figured out why the pictures have been pixely.  It's not my camera but something that other Blogger blogs have been having trouble with too.  Soooo, it's Bloggers dealio.  Hopefully they fix it soon.  Anywho, hope you all have a lovely day, stay cool!

2 comments:

  1. Didn't want to give over his brush, but he was willing to share, brushing the top of his brother's head. Getting down right on his brother's level to "talk" in their own language. Him deciding there was this near invisible piece of interest on the rug he wanted to share with his brother. He's like that. I learned about that side of him when I was visiting. I'm very happy seeing him sharing with his brother in such a special way. This is a beautiful piece of film.
    Hit and run while you're young! Enjoy. :c)

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.hulu.com/watch/263331/all-the-pretty-horses

    ReplyDelete