Friday, July 1, 2011

Tomorrow we end

   We are going to end our self imposed wallet closing 4 days early.  This is in part due to me not planning out our meals very well so that we've now run out of side dishes and it is also because of an email I got from the Memphis Farmers Market.  
 So many wonderful fruits & veggies are available right now!  We're going to get all of our produce there this week, shop seasonal.  Going to get some extra blueberries and freeze them for morning oatmeal and J's snacks.  That boy loves him some blueberries! 
   I plan to do a bit of price comparison while there, find out if the market is cheaper or more expensive than the store.  I want to support local but if I can pay $3 in the store for the same amount of berries that cost $5 at the market, I'm going to have to support the store instead.  We shall see!  The plan is to get up and over to the market by 7am, which is when they open.  Last time we got there a little after 10 and most everything was gone.  I'm especially looking forward to getting fresh peas, I've never cooked with them before and I'm really looking forward to it cause I LOVE PEAS!

   I'll be sure to take pictures to share with y'all tomorrow night.  Here are a few from around here lately.
C has really been exploring the house with his new rolling skills.  He starts out on the blanket in the middle of the room and you never know where you'll find him.  Today he got lodged up by our "coffee table" and couldn't move since he hasn't figured out how to go the other way, so he decided to take a nap.  Cute little guy. :-)

J has been loving this monkey that my momma made me many years ago.

Ooh-oh-AHHHHH!

Trying out brother's chair, still a little small yet.

2 comments: