| To make Bacon & Eggs in Toast Cups you need to make some squarish bread round. |
| Your base, I used wheat cause that's what we had, added a nice density though |
| Stuff the bread into your muffin pan |
| Cook your bacon for just a couple minutes and then fit it into the pan and add some cheese, we used cheddar and mexican blend |
| Put in the oven for about 5 minutes to crisp up the bacon a bit more |
| Watch my one handed egg cracking skillz |
| Ooooh yeah |
| You're just letting most of the white out here |
| See? Just a pinch of white with the yolk |
| Put the egg into the cups and season to your liking. I put salt, pepper, onion powder & garlic powder |
| Artsy fartsy shot |
| Put it in the oven until the white goes white and the yolk is to your liking, I did for about 10ish minutes, we don't like no runny yolks heeyah |
| The kid test, cautious... |
| Dada digging in. Psssshhhh, a fork, geeze... |
| Hmmmm |
| Doesn't that look delectable? These were quite tasty and fun. It'd probably be a bit easier to just make bacon, eggs & toast, but this is just a unique way to eat breakfast. Everyone liked them, Jordan did request that the eggs be scrambled before going into the cup next time. That would be less wasteful as far as the egg whites go, but if you use egg whites anyway then it wouldn't matter I suppose. Anyone know what I can make with 5 egg whites? |
Looks good!
ReplyDeleteEgg whites? Meringue candy?
i've been doing pizza cups with wonton wrappers and pepperonis. love this idea. we have a lot of bread to use up! will have to definitely scrambled though--my monkeys fear egg yolks.
ReplyDelete