Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Closet

   When we moved into this home I was pretty happy when I opened the door to our master closet.  It's a good sized walk in with plenty of shelving and places to hang clothes.  I really liked it.  I really really did.  But.  BUT, I have spent about 4 hours over the past 3 days in said closet while the tornado sirens wailed outside and I tried not to let my sons know how freaked out I was.  Dampens my excitement for it a bit.  We are working to make it more inviting since we're apparently going to be spending a lot of time in there.  I think the past tenants must have as well as there are children's footprints on the wall.  Memphis Tennessee is in an area sometimes referred to as Tornado Alley, and you know what?  They don't build their houses with basements!  Geeze to pete.  According to Da it's because the water table is too high and they would always flood.  I would still feel safer there than my closet.  Anywho, these recent storms have me a bit rattled.  Last night we had some pretty severe ones all through the night.  Lightning kept illuminating the room, I finally had to take cover under the blanket, both from the lightning and because I'm a scardey cat.  We were under a tornado watch until 5am this morning so we had both J & C sleeping in our room.  I tell you what, our boys are some noisy sleepers!  J snores and goes oooh! when a noise wakes him and C snores and sounds like he forgets to breathe so he then gasps and scares the crap out of me.  It was an interesting night filled with not a whole lot of sleep.  Thankfully we made it safe and sound through the night and no damage was made to our home.     
   I would now like to share with you a video of my darling C laughing with his Da, if you're feeling down it'll perk you right on up and put a smile on your face!  (Yes, that is me snorting in the background)

2 comments:

  1. Glad you have that big closet! We've got nothin!

    That is an adorable video. Wish I could come see you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy about the closet also! And Mom and I love the video. It gives us a smile everytime we watch it.

    ReplyDelete