![]() |
| This is a LIBRARY!!!!!!! Waitwaitwait, is that FOUR stories??? SQUEEEEEEEEE!!! |
Thursday, April 21, 2011
Liberry
I remembered seeing something last Saturday that got me super excited but I couldn't remember what it was until today. Dang babies stealing my brain cells! When we were meandering around Memphis I saw a most glorious site, a three story library! Wheeeeeeeee! My inner nerd was all atwitter. We spent a lot of time in libraries growing up, my favorite book was anything in the Papa Smalls series. I still remember exactly where I would find them in the stacks too. The Lynchburg library had an awesome childrens area filled with awesome toys and colorful rugs. Once we began homeschooling we went even more often, when my sister got her license we would go just about every Thursday. We would have lunch at the local Chinese buffet and then head to one and sometimes two libraries. At one time I had 4 different library cards, yes, my name is nerd, nice to meet you. We would load up on books and movies and dork it up. Library movies are a breed all their own. We would watch all the old movies based on the Bronte and Jane Austen novels, Jeeves & Wooster, Sherlock Holmes with Jeremy Brett, Fairytale Theater and lots of musicals. When we still lived in Virginia I would take J to the library quite often and we would load up on board books for him. I haven't ventured to any of the branches around here yet but after laying eyes on that three story majesty I plan to asap! Makes me sad that libraries have turned into a place more for computers that books. I love books and am never more happy and relaxed than when I am able to sit and read a good book. That is a rare occurrence now with the two babies. Le sigh. During the last trimester of my pregnancy I read about 9 books in a month. Happy days... What were some of your favorite books growing up? Do you have any books to recommend to me? I need to find some new ones, preferably ones that can be read in 10 minute bits.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4...STORIES??? Get it?lol. Seriously, that looks awesome. I can't wait til I can read again, sigh....
ReplyDeleteMy favorite books growing up were the Bobsey Twins! They are hard to find now. I also liked a series that dealt with West Point and the lives of the families living on post. Can't remember any of the names though. My alltime favorite books are the Mitford Series and the series of books by Lawanna Blackwell. I think they were called the Grisham Chronicles. I SAW that library and can't imagine what they have that would take up that much space! Maybe it's more then a library. Just can't imagine one that large.
ReplyDeleteAhaha, I get it! :-) Janet, you just need to get Paul interested in the same books you are! Beth - The website says that it also has a lot of meeting rooms as well as 109 computers!
ReplyDelete