C got his first round of shots this afternoon and he did a lot better than I expected him to. His pediatrician is rather wacky, but C likes him. J met him for the first time today, he gets to go for his 2 year check up in a couple of weeks. No shots at least! C is taking after his brother and is a bit of a hoss at 13 pounds. No wonder I get tired holding him!
All in the Colville household have been hit pretty hard by these freaky deaky Tennessee allergies. What the hay??? Never had this much trouble in ol Virginny. J has been waking up during the night, C hasn't been sleeping and I am cranky with a stuffed nose and sore throat. wheeee. Da & I are super sleep deprived, guess we should feel lucky that it's just happening now, and most likely just for a bit, rather than C keeping this schedule since birth. Count my blessings. :-)
The weather is still quite beautiful here. It's in the 70's today and we're getting ready to take a walk to the store to get some milk. We've decided that with the store so close we really shouldn't be wasting gas to get groceries. So we will now walk to the store for all of our grocery needs. We also get cents off of gas when we shop, so that's a nice bonus! What're gas prices like where you are? Should make summer travels a bit more expensive. Awwwww nuts.
I haven't really been cooking since I've been feeling like pooh. Just got around to washing some clothes and dishes. It was getting pretty ridiculous! I hope to have some interesting meals to write about, they'll be creative for sure!
Da's parents are coming in on Friday for a couple days. It's going to be nice to have familiar faces around for a bit! They're bringing a rose that I have wanted for YEARS but the nursery I worked for of course waited until I left to grow it. Geeze... Maybe my 4 years of petitioning to get it annoyed them. Hmmm... I can't wait to see it!!! It's purple and has a strong lemon scent. Ahhhhhh.
I'm sure J will be ecstatic to have people who will give him attention, poor deprived little boy. Only thing on the schedule so far is to get some onion loaf at Corky's. Ohmahgoodness! Such a fantastic bit of greasy onion. Who knows what we crazy Colvilles will get in to! What're your weekend plans?

No comments:
Post a Comment