I had a nice energy level today and made a good lunch. Cooked pork loin with carrots, onions & garlic and some wild rice. I was looking for recipes last night and came across an article talking about the different cuts of pork and the loin is one of the leanest. I rubbed a bit of garlic teriyaki marinade on it and baked it with the veggies for about an hour, turned out super tender and tasty! I used my Lundberg Wild Blend rice as the side, I have a hard time finding this stuff so I rarely use it but today's meal seemed perfect for it. If you've never tried it you must! It's a very hearty rice with a slightly nutty taste. Kind of expensive but I think it's well worth it.My goal is to keep making hearty lunches and stick to lighter fare for dinner. I read that eating too heavy too close to bedtime can make it harder for you to sleep since your body is working to digest your meal and it's also bad for your skinny aspirations. I need my sleep and want to lose weight, so hopefully that will be enough to keep me on track! Any recommendations for easy mid-day meals that can also appeal to a toddler?
That looks and sounds really good! Here's an idea for Jack - a plate of all kinds of veggies, like baby carrots, tiny tomatoes, slices of green pepper, "branches" of cauliflower & brocolli, grapes, garlicky croutons, chunks of cheese, and a bowl of dip. But only 3 or for of each. To me, it would be interesting watching him.
ReplyDeletelooks great!!!!!
ReplyDelete