Monday, April 4, 2011

Salad (Say it like Spongebob)

  We are trying to be healthy again.  This makes try number, oh say twenty?  I've actually lost count, I just think that twenty looked good.  :-)  With me having the baby weight from C and also a portion leftover from J, and Da now working a desk job, we're both looking to lose some extra poundage.  I have the hopefully attainable goal of getting back to the size I was when we were first married. 
  Da is a runner, so he has an exercise that he enjoys and he will eat just about anything.  I on the other hand, am quite lazy about regular exercise and a picky eater.  I'm thinking about trying yoga, hoping it will give me energy and get my day started off on the right foot, having some "me" time.  Just need to get those boys to play along and give me some uninterrupted time to accomplish this.  If we ever find a double stroller I plan to take walks with the boys in the mornings after breakfast.  


  We've cut back on the junk food that we buy at the store with the aim to stop completely.  If it's not here for us to eat we'll have to eat the healthy snacks we do have.  I've been buying more fresh produce from the grocery, I really can't wait for the farmer's markets!  Eating out is now going to be a treat, both for money and health.  I'm both frustrated by and enjoying the challenge of cooking meals with what I have on hand.  We've been having a lot of salads lately, tonight's consisted of iceberg, spinach, orange pepper, green onions & cabbage.  I'm actually still full from it!  We figure eating lighter at night will help our tummy's and waist lines.


   My challenge is eating well but still getting the calories I need for feeding C and also overcoming my massive sweet tooth.  Any advice or encouragement you have will be most welcome!  Is there an exercise program that has worked for you?  How about a website or blog with healthy recipes?  I'm open to suggestions!
  I'll post my progress, maybe if I have people who know about my goal I'll be more likely to stick to it just so I don't have to admit defeat.  Stubbornness & pride can be a good thing!  I'll also work to write about the recipes that I try.  Once the markets open our goal is to buy one thing that we've never cooked with and make something using it.  Should be interesting!

1 comment:

  1. You can do it! Not buying the stuff at the store is a major step. If it's not there to tempt you, you won't eat it. Menu planning is also key. Look through your Cooking Light mags and plan your menu for the week and don't stray from it. Think about your favorite healthy treats and don't feel bad investing in them. I like dark chocolate and frozen grapes. Being active makes it so much easier, so get that double stroller and get movin'!

    ReplyDelete