Saturday, April 2, 2011

Happy Birthday Momma!


Looks pretty young for a Granma of 7, dontcha think?

My momma's birthday is today!  My mom stayed with us for about a month around C's birth.  Watching the way she was with J changed the way I look at being a mother.  She's a super creative momma and she helped me more than I expected and more than I think she knows. I have so many wonderful memories of my childhood. Riding pillows down the stairs to the William Tell Overture, getting Cadbury mini eggs while working in the garden, wearing a mario brothers outfit that she made for me and the joy of running free in our magical backyard garden and woods that she worked to create for us. I remember the time she spent with my classes when I was in elementary school, bringing cupcakes and all sorts of fun toppings in for my birthday and volunteering for activities and trips. My mom believed that clothes can be washed, baths can be taken and flowers will bloom again but memories are only made once. I hope that I can adopt that mindset for my boys, I want to make their childhood as memorable for them as my mom made mine. You're only a child once and with so many things today seeming to be against children just being children I can only hope that I will be able to make that sanctuary for my sons. So, here's a big ol Happy Birthday to my momma!

2 comments:

  1. Aw you made me cry! We do have an awesome mama, don't we?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Somehow I missed this. I was looking for the pic of Jack with the soap bubble looking like a monocle in front of his eye. Thank you Adrienne. This is the best birthday present ever. Erica. Thank you too. Love you both.

    ReplyDelete