Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Vegetables are yucky!

I was looking for something sweet just a bit ago and with my grapes not being quite frozen (great excuse I know) I turned my attention to all the bags of cereal on top the fridge.  Those bags of sugary sweet yumminess from when we had visitors a few weeks ago were beckoning.  But, they're not healthy! I said.  (Yes, I talk to myself)  Then, my very smart sweet tooth made it's feelings known.  "You don't want to just throw out those bags of cereal, right?  And if you leave them up there they'll just tempt you at a point when you're finally seeing results and you'll feel terrible if you eat them then.  Sooo, if you eat a bowl you'll actually be doing a good thing!"  See what I mean by smart?  So I just HAD to eat that bowl of Fruity Dino-Bites to save my future self.  Anywho, to the point of this story.  While eating I started reading a cookbook that was given to me by my sister-in-law, Deceptively Delicious by Jessica Seinfeld.  I've decided to start trying some of the recipes from this cookbook.  Jessica's recipes are for your regular, well known foods but with veggies hidden within so your eaters have no idea they're eating healthy.  Now, J likes his veggies.  He'll eat salad with no hesitation, I'm the one who needs the hidden vegetables.  I don't necessarily dislike the taste of them, it's more that I prefer other flavors instead.  So, my first recipe will be Pink Pancakes using beet, apple & ricotta cheese.  Sunday morning will be test day.  Just have to go to the store.  Dang.  I will be sure to post a picture of the creation!  Do you have any tips to make vegetables more palatable?

No comments:

Post a Comment