Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Stormy Weathuuuuurrrrrr...........

   We had some heavy storms come through last night/early this morning.  Scared the crap out of me!  A few minutes after putting C to bed the tornado siren went off so I went and got J out of bed and brought him into our room.  When I got back the sirens were already off again but we were under a watch until early this morning so we kept him with us until it calmed down.  Super loud thunder and bright lightning and at one point a very strong gust of wind that lasted a good 2-3 minutes.  I was very worried our wall was going to come down or something!  This experience taught us that J is as scared of thunder storms as his momma is and he also likes to sleep spread out, just like his momma!  J was between Da & I, horizontal, with his foot in Da's armpit and his head on my leg.  Every time the weather radio went off (which was quite often) he would life his head up and go "OOH!" before falling right back asleep.  We finally put him back in his own bed around 1:30am.  The deciding factor, besides Da & I not being able to get any sleep, was he kept moving down towards the foot of the bed and I was worried he would eventually go off the end.  Not a good thing at all, for his noggin or for the inevitable waking up of baby C.  When we got up for C's feeding around 3am Da noticed that the top window in the dining room looked different.  When he looked out the blinds he found that the tree in our front yard had fallen over.  Looks almost like it twisted and snapped, you'll see in the following pictures.  We figure the big gust of wind took it down.  So glad it went the way it did or else we would have had a very wet dining room!  I do like that we're renting though, Da called the leasing office and they sent someone out and got the tree all cut up and on the curb.  Nice not having to worry about that, especially since we don't have a chainsaw anymore.  So, it was an eventful night in which neither Da or I got very much sleep.  On top of that J has become extremely clingy these past few days.  If I'm sitting down he wants to sit with me, even trying to climb the chair I'm sitting in while on the computer.  I like the cuddles, don't get me wrong, but when it's constant throughout the day, even when I'm feeding C, it gets a bit trying.  Here's hoping that the storm that is currently raging outside passes quickly and we can have a peaceful night tonight.
How in the world did this happen?

Kind of looks like it may have had some rot

Doesn't it look like it kinda twisted?

J checking it out

Rearview

The root still going in the earth


That's our neighbors garage, glad he was able to get out and not scratch his fancy Jaguar

Rarrrrr

This cat came to the window and scared the crap out of J, he retreated into the room a bit and then he felt safe enough to talk to it and laugh.

The slug that was inside our window.  How did it get inside?
Poor cut up ol tree

So naaaaked!!!

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! Too close for comfort, huh? God protected you through that one for sure? Any other damage in your development?

    Maybe J is clingy because we kinda spoiled him while we were there. Maybe he misses us just a little bit (hope, hope)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Da saw some trees down on the way out this morning. That seemed to be the extent though. Could be, he did start with the clinging after you guys left!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Weird! Glad you all are safe. You better get some heavy curtains for the front window.

    ReplyDelete