I just had a Nerd shake and it was amayzazing! Da & I first tried this delectable wonder at Mister Whippy in Chincoteaugue Virginia on our one year anniversary trip. We tried to recreate it before with no success. Mister Whippy was able to make every bite taste of fantastic Nerdy goodness, we however, were not. Leaving the Nerds whole didn't get much flavor into the ice cream and crushing them didn't work either. This time Da mixed the Nerds and the ice cream in the blender and then let it sit in the freezer for a bit before eating. Super terrific! If you like Nerds you really must try. I just wanted to share. If you're ever in Chincoteaugue I highly recommend going to Mister Whippy and trying a Nerds Cyclone. You won't be sorry.
 |
| This is Mister Whippy, Hi. |
We have a very tight grocery budget so we decided to go to Wal-mart tonight hoping to get some better prices than at our local grocery store. I think we have been conditioned to think that Wal-mart always has the lowest prices, guess their marketing did it's job. Anywho, walking around the store tonight we discovered that Schnucks kicks Wal-marts butt in pricing on most grocery items. I like knowing this because with WM we have to drive and with S we can take a nice walk to get our groceries and I also like supporting the little guy in this case. They are a very customer service oriented store, something that WM is not. So they still where those vests at WM with the smiley face and the "How may I help you?" on it? Cause the people there are never smiling and certainly don't want to help. At least in my experience. I'm a little obsessed with food prices right now, but thought this could be interesting to people.
I had a pretty productive day today. I got on up after C's first morning feeding, today it was about 6:30, where I usually go back to sleep for another hour or so or until J wakes up and calls out to his Mamaaaaaaa. I was able to get the laundry all caught up, the dishwasher emptied and reloaded, the yard raked and then mowed with our hippie mower (i.e. manual push, no gas) & made chicken and broccoli for lunch before taking a walk around the block with my boys. Whew! That's a lot for a girl who's gotten used to a relatively sedentary life here lately. I am so sore but I was in a super good mood. I so miss being active. My job at the nursery was very physical and I miss that part of it very much. I have such a sense of accomplishment and I don't think I'm going to have any trouble falling asleep tonight. I didn't turn the TV on once for J. He followed me around the house helping with my various tasks. He's a very good helper, I think tomorrow I'll let him use his little rake to help his Mama rake the yard. He's a sweet boy who is turning 2 on Sunday. Eeeek! What do you do to keep yourself occupied throughout the day?
No comments:
Post a Comment