Yesterday was a lovely day, sunny and warm. Today is even warmer but super windy. We didn't make it to the consignment sale or the Farmer's Market, I had a sicky experience early Saturday morning so we didn't get out and about until the afternoon. We did take a nice walk to the grocery store, J walked about 3/4 of the way all by himself! Close to a mile there and back. He had a good nap yesterday... We got some grapes and water and snacked on those for the walk back.
 |
| Too tired to walk anymore |
I took pictures of some of the pretty flowers we saw in the neighbors yards, not too many of the houses around here have pretty landscapes. They all lean towards the generic building contractors idea of landscaping that consists of foundation plantings that are heavy on the hollies and nandina. Bleh. The few houses around that actually have owners who know how to garden really stick out. Bulbs, pansies and creeping phlox are blooming their hearts out right now along with the occasional loropetalum.
 |
| A weeping cherry |
 |
| I love all the colors here |
 |
| Pansies! |
I saw lots of iris and I can't wait to see what color they bloom. I personally love the more unique colors for flowers. Why have what everyone else has? I brought some of my iris from Virginia, the only plants that made the trip. They were getting too big for their pots so we planted them in a sunny spot that will be easy to dig up when we move. Besides my family & friends I miss my "freak" flowers most of all. I worked at a nursery for 6 years and had quite the collection of plants that were not as they should have been. One day we'll have our own house and I can start collecting again.
 |
| Snifffff |
 |
| Planting iris with Da |
|
|
|
|
After planting the iris J & Da decided to mow the backyard. J wants to help out so bad.
 |
| Mowing with the hippie mower | | | |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Today we played out in the backyard a lot, taking advantage of the beautiful weather. J loves collecting acorns from the yard and swinging sticks that he finds. We found some violets that we picked and sniffed then put in the house to look at. We went out and about for a bit and then came home and played some more! It was a wonderful, relaxing weekend. Severe weather is on the radar for tomorrow, fingers crossed that we don't get blown away!
 |
| Fun times outside |
 |
| Male model |
No comments:
Post a Comment