Saturday, April 23, 2011
Easter Memory
With this year being the first year that J will really be able to participate in the fantastic tradition of an egg hunt, I started thinking about my favorite Easter egg hunt memory. I was about 11 or 12 and we were living on our 17 acre farm in Virginia. My older brother Josh put together the most super awesome hunt EVER! It covered all of our acreage and our neighbors land on either side as well. We split into teams, I was with my Dad and my sister with my mom. This was no normal hunt, there were clues in the form of riddles leading us to each egg. Our first clue was found in a little pond, floating in a bottle. I don't remember the exact progression of clues but I do remember that one brought us to our neighbors hill with an awesome view all around. The clue had something about an arrow pointing to three large sticks. Turned out there was a stick shaped like an arrow pointing to three electric poles going up the valley towards our other neighbors property. That clue drove my dad & I crazy and also helped me to see how many different ways something can be perceived. That started a love of puzzles that I still indulge today. That hunt is actually one of my favorite memories growing up. My brother now has two sons of his own and I'm so envious of them having him to do cool stuff for them like that. I hope to one day have some land where we can attempt an epic Easter egg hunt. I might be calling ol Josher for some clues though, I couldn't even begin to come up with the riddles that he did! I hope everyone has a splendid Easter, do you have a favorite Easter memory?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Great memory! That was a fun day. Happy Easter to all you Colvilles!!!
ReplyDeleteLove you guys! Happy Easter! Send pictures of the kids in their Easter clothes and bunny ears. Yes! Bunny Ears! I know you have them somewhere. Love you bunches!
ReplyDelete